|Posted by Mary on September 28, 2014 at 3:50 PM||comments (0)|
The next issue of our fan club newsletter is complete! Message or comment to find out how to recieve a copy!
Don't forget about our contest! Go to our Facebook page to find out how to enter!
|Posted by Mary on September 10, 2014 at 7:10 PM||comments (0)|
I just posted a contest on our club Facebook page! Go check it out and make sure to enter!
|Posted by Mary on September 3, 2014 at 11:55 AM||comments (0)|
Hi Elvis Fans!
There will be a contest announcement coming in the next few days, so please keep an eye out on our website, Facebook and/or Twitter page!
|Posted by Mary on August 27, 2014 at 11:55 AM||comments (0)|
I have great news! Our fan club now has a Facebook Page! Head on over and give us a "Like!" Share with your friends!
Don't forget we have a Twitter Account as well!
TCB 4 Elvis Always,
|Posted by Mary on August 23, 2014 at 12:55 AM||comments (0)|
Here is all about my Elvis Week 2014! Pictures will be posted soon!
Elvis Week 2014….Wow! What a week! No matter how many times I go to Memphis, it’s like the first time every time, but yet I get an overwhelming feeling of “Home” there. I know you Elvis fans understand what I mean.
Some of the highlights for me:
- Elvis Bingo at Heartbreak Hotel. A lot of people might think it is boring, but I think it is pretty great, because you meet so many wonderful fans and can build lasting friendships. Plus you can even win some awesome Elvis prizes! There I met Ms. Donna Lewis, who was a good friend of Elvis. She is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever meet and was so humble. She truly loved Elvis and you could tell. She shared her personal photos with me, which was such a blessing.
- Elvis Themed Memphis Red Birds Game. It was great!!
- Walking around Beale St. is always a highlight for me.
- Sun Studio. I have been there before, but it had been a few years so I wanted to go back, especially with it being 60 years since Elvis first recorded there. The experience of being in the same room, standing in the same spot, touching the EXACT microphone he used is indescribable!
- Touring Graceland. I couldn’t imagine coming to Graceland and not doing the tour. Being in the house gives me a feeling that I can’t explain.
1.) Candlelight Vigil- This is a remarkable experience and it wouldn’t be Elvis Week without this event. The sight is absolutely indescribable. Each candle represents an Elvis fan, the impact Elvis has made on their lives and their love for him. The sea of candles is beautiful! If at all possible, every fan should experience this once. Not enough words can describe this event.
2.) George Klein Memorial Service- This was the first time I have ever attended this event and let me tell you, I WILL be going back. There were many guests who were personal friends of Elvis who just got up and shared their memories and stories. I love hearing these stories and getting just a glimpse of Elvis the man.
3.) Elvis-That’s the Way It Is at the historical Orpheum Theatre. This is my personal favorite concert and I SO enjoyed seeing it on the big screen with all my fellow Elvis fans.
4.) Meeting Elvis new Elvis friends from all over the world! I was able to actually meet a couple who only live several miles from where I live. Who knew?! I also saw some friends whom I met last year. We had last contact, but now we are Facebook friends. What we do without Facebook? Haha.
We (my Dad and I) left the afternoon on the 17th and once again, like every year I shed many tears. Memphis is truly home to me and will ALWAYS be. I love my Elvis family and being around them is my favorite thing in the entire world. Though no one else may understand my love for Elvis, my Elvis family ALWAYS does! We understand each other and you become instant friends with everyone you meet, because of one thing “The love we share for Elvis.”
|Posted by Mary on August 18, 2014 at 1:05 PM||comments (0)|
I returned home yesterday evening and have so much to tell about my adventures during Elvis Week 2014! I will be posting an update with pictures in the next couple of days! Keep your eye out!
TCB for Elvis Always.
|Posted by Mary on August 20, 2013 at 8:10 PM||comments (0)|
Our club now has a Twitter account! Head on over and give us a follow!